VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

Open Heat Error" on my M15i Xerox Workcentre. I Powere off,

Customer Question

Open Heat Error" on my M15i Xerox Workcentre. I Powere off, unplugged the machine, wait 30 seconds and then plug it back and power it on. The same error occurs. What should I do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was trying to copy and I received this Open Heat Error on the screen and the red lights stays on. It appears the the mechanism is not moving the paper along.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Xerox Workcentre M15i and it is about 8-10 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: That the Open Heat Error comes on and a solid red light is displayed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 6 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you in the resolution to this issue. In short Sir or Madam, your Copier has a "Bad" Thermistor. IT must be replaced.

Do you have a Service Contract on the Copier?