Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have error ox9a on my epson : I can't print from our epson

Customer Question

Hi, I have error ox9a on my epson
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can't print from our epson WF 3640 because it says error ox9a
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Many times this error indicates a carriage jam.. Lets test that theory.

Open the machine like you are going to replace the ink tanks. watch the carriage ( t hat part that normally moves left to right and puts ink on the paper )

Now, with the machine open and turned on, unplug the machine from power.

Then, plug the machine back in and turn it on, t hen watch the carriage.. Does it move left to right?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.