John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I could not print from my pc last night I repaired rebooted

Customer Question

I could not print from my pc last night I repaired rebooted cleared and restored now I must install my brothermfc6490 cw printer I don't know anything how to do this
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

also, would you prefer to have me connect to your computer from here, and install and configure the printer on screen, directly? If so, we can set this up as a secure remote session. Let me know if youd like to try that.

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need to try letting you do this I have a acer window 7 that my brother quit working on so I have a lot of personal files pictures etc to retrieve then I need to install the brother on a hp I bought in December 2015
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Ive sent the offer for remote support, Once clicked and accepted, I will send the connection steps so that I can connect directly to your computer and get the printer working in person.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have to wait I have no more money to send this is costing me way too much
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

I could reduce the cost some if that would help?