Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My canon copier pc720 hade a paper jam. All paper was pulled

Customer Question

my canon copier pc720 hade a paper jam. All paper was pulled out and when I turn it on it still shows there is a jam? This can't be- how do I reset it? Any advice?
TX.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

A copier of this sort often gets into a state when a paper jam is removed, esp. if it is removed a bit roughly.

Try turning it Off, unplugging it from the power, and then leaving it to cool off and rest-reset, for at least 1 hour, preferably 2 hours or more.

While it is resting, look through and into the area where you pulled out the paper. It may have jammed a little switch, that normally would be pressed on by the presence of paper, into place, thus giving the machine a false indication that paper is jammed in the copier still.

Also, re-seat all components that are user-removable, near the site where the jammed paper occurred. One of those components may have gotten dislodged a trifle, or the like.

After putting everything back into place, be sure to leave the copier alone for at least another 3/4 hour, or longer, before plugging it in to the power again, and trying again.