John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My MX920 refuses to scan from the MX920 printer because it

Customer Question

My MX920 refuses to scan from the MX920 printer because it cannot find a WIA driver?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am trying to san an image using Corel Photoshop XP. The image is on the flat bed of the MX920 but an error message pops up saying that it cannot find a WIA driver?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working fine previously?

Is it Corel PaintShop? Or Adobe Photoshop? What's the version, such as X8, etc.?

Are you able to scan with the IJ Scan Utility program?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,