Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

I have a Canon MG5720 printer. I had no problems with it,

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG5720 printer. I had no problems with it, until many of my incoming emails had been cut off (as printed, not read) by a few characters. Is there something I can do? I have already gone into printer properties and already did a print head alignment. Is there something I am missing?
Category: Printers
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 5 months ago.

What program are you printing from that is causing this? Look for a "shrink to fit" option when printing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oh-- I have tried the shrink to fit option a thousand times. I am attempting to print from AOL mail. However, this happens when I use Google chrome as well. It does work, however, if I tell the printer I am using a smaller paper (about 8")....but A4 is too long at 11.75 (cuts off bottom print)....I am using standard 8-1/2 x 11 paper. I have been at this for hours and hours and appreciate any suggestion -- but NO -- fit to print just doesn't do it.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.

try making larger margins. just for fun. see if that works

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have tried to make margins larger. This only works on my printer IF I am printing for a booklet. I am Not Trying to print documents from Word or excel. I am ONLY Talking about emails. I hate to be difficult and do not want to offend, but are you sure you are an expert in IT? Every solution you have given, I have attempted many times over...and I def am not an expert. I said I originally tried all these things. Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do jot want a remote access. I have already paid good money for no adequate answer on my question that I would not have come up with myself.....I am not an expert.

Well, i have been making my living at it for 30 years and worked with some of the largest companies on wall street so i would say yes i am an expert. On the other hand i have only your description of the problem to go on. This is the first time that you have said it only happens on emails. This is the type of thing that makes remote access so much easier. I get to see the actual problem.

Since it only happens on emails the problem would most likely be within the settings of the email program.

what email program are you using.

if it is something like outlook there are views that may be set to show a page larger than the printer can print. If it is a web based email such as gmail you need to use the little print icon that is within the page itself not the print icon on the browser. And the browser will still come up with its own page settings which you might have to modify.