John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I want to learn how to scan a document on my Brother

Customer Question

I want to learn how to scan a document on my Brother MFC-7840W to email on my computer (connected wirelessly).
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: this is the printer that we use all the time, but I have never used the scan function. When I go to Scan on the buttons, it asks me the Ftp. don't know what that is.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Windows 10 just loaded on my Dell PC in the last 24 hrs.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 6 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need to leave my computer in about 10 minutes. So this will need to be a quick conversation or happen later.

This wont be quick because of the complexity of issue. We can chat, when you're available.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay, how do I connect with you again? And I will also want to clarify charges at that point. I don't want to add more charges.

You can bookmark this page, or get to this page by clicking the link in the email sent by JustAnswer. You can clarify any billing related issues with the billing team on***@******.***.