Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I can't get the printer to feed from the main letter size

Customer Question

i can't get the printer to feed from the main letter size paper tray. It works OK for Legal
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
windows 7 enterprise
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, have you went into devices and printers, right clicked your printer and clicked printer properties / preferences, and changed the paper type and the default tray there, inside the printer properties in the print driver itself? If you havent done so, or even if you have and y oud like me to connect and fix this issue on screen directly, let me know.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Dustinthanks for your answer, I wish I could let you connect but company security will not allow me to do that.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Understood.. Let me know if you encounter issues going into the printer driver, and changing the paper and default tray settings. Dustin S
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i just received a message to "Load MP feeder with custom Type 6 Letter
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Then youve changed the paper type to type 6 letter. And it wants you to load that paper in the MP feeder.. Its right above the pull out tray, and you can see how to load it on page 35 of this manual http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/2007/mx310/mx310%20UG/mx310_v19917052_UG_en.pdf