John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am trying to connect a USB cable from my Dell laptop to my

Customer Question

I am trying to connect a USB cable from my Dell laptop to my newly purchased Canon MG5700 printer. The installation instructions drawing shows it being connected to the rear of the printer on the opposite site from the power cord connection. I cannot find the printer USB port. Where is it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Can you on which side the power cord connector is at the back of the printer ? like on the right or left ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Your English is not very good and your question is not clear. Viewing the printer from the back the power cord connector is on the right side
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the typing mistakes. Please check the image from the link below and let me know if you find the USB connector or not ? http://www.steves-digicams.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/MG7520-USB-slots.jpg
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
The USB connected may be covered by a protector cap and you may have to remove it, also check the left side of the printer, as the opposite side of the power connector is left side.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Unless that port is hidden behind an access panel, I do not have a USB ports like that. Where is this port from the power cord connection?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
The USB connector may be covered by a protector cap and you may have to remove it, also check the left side of the printer, as the opposite side of the power connector is left side.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Can you take a picture of the back side and post it here ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cannot find any protective cap or access panel
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Can you tell me the exact model no. , like 5720 or 5772 etc, ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I see that I have received 6 messages and tried to call but just get a computer voice run around. No I cannot post a picture. On the left rear side there is no protective cover or an access panel that will open
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
MG5720
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** open the link below and let me know, do you see the same connectors on your printer or not ? This is a 5720 rear side picture. http://icdn6.digitaltrends.com/image/canon-pixma-mg7520-back-ports-800x533-c.jpg
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Are you still online ?