Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Top paper tray will not go back into printer, Epson

Customer Question

Top paper tray will not go back into printer, Epson Workforce 845. A gray piece on the last side will not fold back into place preventing the tray from going in.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Guessing about 4 or 5 years old. Model # *****
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: If this cannot be fixed, how can I get the printer to just use the bottom tray?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Please know i have reviewed your request for resolution regarding the Epson WF 845 Printer, and I am formulating a potential solution..Please allow me some time to explore the options, and get back to you..However, please reply to me here, so i know you have understood.
Okay, so after review of the documents, your Epson WF 845 has 2 Paper Cassettes.The TOP cassette is CASSETTE-1, and the Bottom cassette is CASSETTE-2.To be able to print from the CASSETTE-2, you need only select the paper source as CASSETTE-2. The process of printing from a computer or simply making a copy, from the scanner, will allow you to CHOOSE which paper source you wish to use..Additionally, when CASSETTE-1 is empty, then the printer SHOULD automatically change to the CASSETTE-2 and continue to print as normal..However, if the CASSETTE-1 has been REMOVED from the printer, then the printer MAY NOT print, as this poses a safety risk. There are sensors built into the printer that will detect if the CASSETTE's have been removed, and will STOP all printing from occurring..The manual's for this printer WILL NOT show how to OVERRIDE the safety sensors, as this is not safe..So, in conclusion.....you only need to select that your PAPER SOURCE be the CASSETTE-2 when printing/copying.