Aaron T
Aaron T,
Experience:  Systems Administrator at SAIC Corporation
94455896

How can I pair my Cannon MP620 to my iPhone 6? I would like

Customer Question

How can I pair my Cannon MP620 to my iPhone 6? I would like to print pictures stored on the iPhone. The instructions on the Printer display don't work.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Aaron T replied 9 months ago.
Hi, I'm Aaron. We can try connecting your iPhone to the printer via the iPhone settings. First open the app you want to print from.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok, connect to my phone
Expert:  Aaron T replied 9 months ago.
Once you find the photo you want to print, select the button on the bottom left of the screen, it looks like a box with an up arrow sticking out of it. Then look at the bottom of the screen options, you will see options like (copy, duplicate, etc) scroll that bar to the right and you will see print. Select it and you should be able to see your printer.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no, I just paid $20. That is all I want to spend.
Expert:  Aaron T replied 9 months ago.
I'm Sorry, I don't understand your last question. Where you able to see the printer when trying to print from the photos app?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can I do this with Bluetooth?
Expert:  Aaron T replied 9 months ago.
I'm not sure, If you printer is a Bluetooth printer then yes you can. But if your printer is a wireless printer, you should still be able to print to it from your iPhone.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can I email to my computer? It has the same email address as the phone and I can't find the email sent from phone on the computer.
Expert:  Aaron T replied 9 months ago.
you can do thatFollow the same steps as above, but this time select mail instead of print
Expert:  Aaron T replied 9 months ago.
Ill see if I can attach some visual steps to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is appears not to be aBluetooth printer, but I don't know for sure. I did as you suggested and used email to my computer but can't fond the email on my computer. Would my email application reject the message because it comes from the same address as the computer?
Expert:  Aaron T replied 9 months ago.
No it would not, would you like to do a Secure Remote Assistance Session? It will allow me to see you computer screen to better assist you.
Expert:  Aaron T replied 9 months ago.
You should be able to email it to yourself from your phone.1. Select share photo, then mail2. Enter in your email address.Then Log onto your computer, go to your email address website. Log in and click on your inbox. You should have an email with your photos in it.
Expert:  Aaron T replied 9 months ago.
I hope your able to retrieve your photos. I have attached two screenshots of where you can look on your phone to share the photos via email.Please reply to this thread if you need any more assistance.Have a good night! Thank you for using Just Answers.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Aaron,
I was not able to connect directly to the printer, but I was able eventually to email to my computer. Then I could print the picture.
Thanks,
Ed
Expert:  Aaron T replied 9 months ago.
Not a problem! If you are satisfied with your solution, please rate the question.​Sorry I wasn't able to assist with connecting your iPhone but glad you were able to email the photos to your computer and print them out from there.Hope you enjoy your week!-Aaron