VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I am getting an online message that ' the ink absorber is

Customer Question

I am getting an online message that ' the ink absorber is nearly full '. What do I do to correct the problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Please follow the steps below: 1: turn off printer2: Whilst pressing down stop/reset button (denoted by triangle inside a cycle) press the power button and hold down stop/reset button until power light comes on, continue to hold down power button and release stop/reset button3: Continue to hold down power button and press stop/reset button 6 more times, alarm light will toggle on and off as you do this4: Release all buttons , printer has now entered service mode of operation5: download service tool v1074 from below website and extract file once downloaded and run the file to open service tool pagehttp://printertools.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/servicetool-v1074.html6: towards the top of the page find the "clear ink counter" section and click on the "main" button now scroll down page to find "ink absorber counter" on the left and to the right of that "counter value" ensure ink absorber counter box reads "main" and counter value reads "0" now click the set button to the right of the counter value box.Also 7: the printer will now make some noise and will print out a page of paper, you will also get a couple of prompts on your computer screen telling you a process has been completed just click on the prompts.8: once that is complete turn the printer off wait a few seconds and turn it back on and your back in business.