VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

With HP5500 series wireless printer that has worked

Customer Question

with HP5500 series wireless printer that has worked flawlessly with Mac Book Pro now not connecting. Printer screen message says it is connected while mac says it is searching for printer. Please help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: computer OS is the latest, El Capitan,. Printer is HP5500, printer and scanner. I am trying to print an E-mail but the computer says it is searching for a printer while the printer message window says it is connected.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: cant think of anything. The system worked fine the last it was used about 5 days ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry to hear of the issue. I need to ask a few questions of you if you do not mind. The age of the printer?Has this ever happened before?What was going on with the printer just before this happened?Lastly, when did OS X last update?