John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I'm Peter. My old XP laptop died and I replaced it with a

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Peter. My old XP laptop died and I replaced it with a Windows 7 laptop. My Epson XP-205 prints fine (wirelessly) but I cannot scan. Epson Scan cannot find the XP-205 and appears to be looking for an XP-200. I have downloaded Epson Scan software again, with same results. Can you please help?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When you installed the printer's driver on the Windows 7 computer, did it detect your wireless printer?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no problem with wireless printing.
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue directly on your computer for you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I don't want secure remote assistance.
I'm sorry. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you as this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.- Can you open the EPSON Scan Settings program and see if you have the correct printer's connection type selected?Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Epson Scan Settings program is wrongly looking for scanner EPSON XP-200/ME-301 (instead of XP-205) so for Scanner1 scanner address shows 'Not Found';.
Did you download and install the EPSON Scan program at the website below:http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=0ccCGROWIYOQrDfDVk2P9xf8mwLusU002FpLLFqyJQdVMzIU003D&tc=6; (if not, make sure to go to Control Panel, and uninstall the current EPSON Scan program first, then download / install it from the above website.)Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I downloaded and installed from that site, but did not uninstall the existing program. I will uninstall it and try again.
OK, make sure to use that same website:http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=0ccCGROWIYOQrDfDVk2P9xf8mwLusU002FpLLFqyJQdVMzIU003D&tc=6Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I uninstalled but it needs to restart Windows for completion before I can download the new version. I will lose this chat?
Please bookmark /add to favorites this web page. And we've emailed you. You can get back to me later via the View Response link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi. I uninstalled then downloaded and re-installed the Epson Scan driver software from the site you pointed me to. Exactly the same result.
When you open the EPSON Scan Settings program, then select the Network option and try to search / detect the printer, and cannot find it right?Can you check carefully the label on the printer to confirm the model XP-205 or something else?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It gives me no options but goes straight in to network scan for EPSON XP-200/ME-301 which is not the correct model. It times out after 30 seconds and says 'not found'. I can then select options (but the XP-200 is the only model in the drop down list) but get same result. I have had this printer for over a year, it is definitely an XP-205 and it is configured as such in my system and prints fine. The scan worked fine on my old XP laptop.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is it worth uninstalling the printer completely and then downloading the software and setting it up again from scratch?
can you uninstall all the Epson programs, then restart, then go to that Epson website:http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=0ccCGROWIYOQrDfDVk2P9xf8mwLusU002FpLLFqyJQdVMzIU003D&tc=6, then only download / install / run the item Epson Product Setup (1.4).Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, I'll try that but have to go to bed now as I have an early start tomorrow.
You're welcome. No problem; please get back to me tomorrow or whenever you are available to continue. Thank you.