Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a brother 1034d serger. I LOVE IT and have changed

Customer Question

I have a brother 1034d serger. I LOVE IT and have changed thread,etc several times.
All of a sudden while serging the needle broke. I replaced it with one provided to me in the kit, but for 3 days now no matter what it does not work! I have oiled as per book, changed needle again using 3 different new ones, but chain starts 1/2 " then gets all wrapped up around stitch finger. I have to snip off all thread and try again. HELP!!!! It has been 3 days of trying everything!! I would br happen to send picture,
Thanks. georgia
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try the needle in the correct position and affixed in place straightly.

The needle, if it were the wrong size and *if* it were turned around backwards or similarly wrongly affixed, could produce tangling.

Check the thread tensions also - set up as if you were coming to a new machine and had to follow all directions in order to know how to do the threading rightly. Take nothing for granted... the needle breaking may have changed something that you take for granted.

How old is the Brother serger in question?