Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Pearl. My Epson receipt printer is rolling out the paper,

Customer Question

Hello Pearl. My Epson receipt printer is rolling out the paper, but not printing anything.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: When I send a printer command to it, it rolls out the paper...but does not print anything on it. Help.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It is about 6 months old, and it is a TM-T88V
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.
that is a thermal printer. it can't run out of ink or have a clogged print head so there are 3 possibilities1. your software is not actually sending any information. I rank this as a very low possibility and you can test it by going to the device and printers folder. right clicking on the printer and selecting PRINTER PROPERTIES then click the button to print a test page. If that has printing on it than there is a problem with the software. But if that is blank as well as i suspect it will be than we are down to 2. The printer is physically broken and is not getting hot enough to burn the printing into the thermal paper. or if this started when you switched paper3. you either got the wrong non thermal paper or you loaded it in upside down.