Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

I have a brother MFC 9330 CDW where , there is grey

Customer Question

I have a brother MFC 9330 CDW where for printing, there is grey horizontal shading across the page. Not evident for scanning (no fax connection) just printing.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Felicity
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible,It indicates the problem is with the printhead because the printhead is the part of the printer which puts ink onto the paper.Did you try cleaning the printhead?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did, that made no difference.
Okay.Did you try manually cleaning it or you cleaned it via the printer's control panel?
Could you please tell me what all have you done till now?It will help me to understand your problem better and I won't tell you to redo the steps which you have already done and it will help me to provide you a solution faster.I just checked your printer doesn't have a printhead, it's not a inkjet printer. It's a laser printer. It has the Drum unit and it uses toner.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I manually cleaned the drum units and no difference. You don't seem to understand so I would like to cancel the transaction and get my money back as this is just a waste of time
Sorry for the trouble.
The most likely and common cause to this type of problem is either a dirty or worn transfer belt as well or a bad image drum.But before going for replacement we will have to try cleaning the printer. For cleaning you need to have toner cloth, toner vacuum, a paint brush.Please follow the steps below:1. Open the printer and remove the toner cartridge.2. Use a toner cloth and wipe the toner cartridge.3. Then using your toner vacuum remove spilled toner from within the printer’s internal compartment. Make sure the vacuum’s nozzle is not actually touching any of the printer's internal surfaces.4. Then using a paintbrush, remove toner from any crevices. Use gentle motions and vacuum as necessary.5. Then dip a cotton swab into isopropyl alcohol and gently run it along the length of the Corona wire. Also be sure to clean the underside of the wires. Never apply pressure.6. After that replace everything back.If the cleaning doesn't works then it verifies that the transfer belt and image drum needs to be replaced.If you don't have the toner vacuum, toner cloth then it will be very expensive for you to perform this cleaning operation because a new toner vacuum will cost you around 200-300$.I would suggest you to take the help of a local printer repair shop to do the cleaning and replace the necessary part.I can give you the contact of a local printer repair shop near your area, if you tell me your city name.Is there anything else I can help with ?