Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

Printer error. Turn the power off and on. , see your

Customer Question

Printer error. Turn the power off and on. For details, see your documentation or visit Error Code: 0x97. That's the message I get when I try to print a page. Only three lines print before that message happens. I've double checked the connections. It's obviously connected to the computer or else it wouldn't even print the first three lines.
Can you tell me what's wrong? This printer is rarely used. It's a WorkForce Pro WF-4630. It's less than two years old and rarely used. So wear is not the problem. I thought a commercial grade printer would solve the problems you have with the cheap home printers; but, evidently not.
Robert Rutherford(###) ###-####
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Robert. Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.This specific error pertains to a printhead pcb fault and/or logic board failure.The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then releaseIf still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. These machines are actually designed for a maximum 3 year service life, and are considered a consumer grade product, not commercial grade. Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with replacement recommendations at that point if needed.Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Robert?