Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

OKI C610 printer that I have been having problems with paper

Customer Question

OKI C610 printer that I have been having problems with paper jams and now I have a 173F error code
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is someone working on my problem
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. (I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.) That error code seems to be indicating an abnormal (unusually high, or abnormally low) temperature sensed in the printer's fuser. Most likely the fuser will need replacing, period. It may seem like a lot to replace, but it saves a lot of down time. (Cause: usually, the thermal fuse in the fuser blows, preventing a meltdown, and then the fuser doesn't heat up any more, and then the low temperature i.e. room temperature instead of hot-enough-to-burn-skin-at-a-touch, is sensed and the error occurs, stopping printing.)