VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.

I have a paper jammed problem on my epson wf-2540 JA: Can

Customer Question

i have a paper jammed problem on my epson wf-2540
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is about a year old
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: well it was working ok until this morning it keeps saying paper jammed i have checked there is no paper in the feed
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry to hear of the issue. To resolve the issue please follow the steps below: If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:If paper does not feed for printing, remove it. Then reload it in the sheet feeder against the right side and beneath the tab. Slide the edge guide against the edge of the paper, making sure that the paper stack is not above the arrow mark on the edge guide.If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.If paper jams when you load only one or two sheets, try loading more sheets at a time. Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.For best results, follow these guidelines:Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.Load paper in the sheet feeder printable side up.Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.Paper Jam Problems:If you have problems with paper jams, try these solutions:Cancel the print job from your computer, if necessary.Gently pull out any jammed paper from the output tray and sheet feeder.Lift up the scanner unit. Caution: Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.Caution: Do not lift up the scanner unit when the document cover is open.Remove any jammed paper or torn pieces. Caution: Do not touch any buttons on the control panel while your hands are inside the product.Lower the scanner unit.Press the OK button to resume printing.Carefully follow all paper loading instructions when you load new paper.Paper Ejection Problems:If you have problems with paper ejecting properly, try these solutions:If paper does not eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Cancel printing to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.If paper is wrinkled when it ejects, it may be damp or too thin. Load new paper and be sure to select the correct paper type setting when you reprint. The link Sir or Madam: Please chime in and let me know of you results.