Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have an HP Photosmart Premium printer that will not print

Customer Question

I have an HP Photosmart Premium printer that will not print documents with black ink. Ink cartridge is new (that's the first thing I tried). I removed the print head to soak and clean it. I ran the printer's own clean function, then the align function, and still can't print text documents. Photos and images from the web print fine.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: This is all I know--hate to see so many users reporting this same problem in past years on the web with this printer.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This sounds like a deep blockage problem.It may require several attempts at the self clean function.If that doesn't work ,and soaking the print head in an alcohol solution doesn't work either, then the print head will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Print head alignment failed, too.
Ok, then the print head will definitely need to be replaced.If the printer is out of warranty then your best option is probably to replace the printer.