Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

Printer will not print says "please close lower right

Customer Question

printer will not print says "please close lower right side cover" but its closed. konica 4155
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try turning the printer Off, for about 30 minutes or longer. Unplug it from the power also, during that interval. If the error persists, you may have a defective, or perhaps loose/malpositioned, lower right side cover closure sensor.In English: the little switch that gets pressed when that door is closed, may be off its mountings and thus not being pressed, or it may be broken so that even when it appears to be pressed, it is not registering / its contacts aren't closing.Check on that little switch. If there doesn't seem to be one that you can see, inside the lower right side cover, then look for traces of its mounting, and look for it to be swinging loose of its mounting. Let me know how it goes, and whether you need further help and advice.If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.