Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

Trying to figure out why my xp-310 is skipping lines of

Customer Question

trying to figure out why my xp-310 is skipping lines of print
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2 or 3 lines will be clear and the next is blurred or only the bottom edge is visible
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It won't fill in the typing in a pdf file meant to be printed filled in.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please do the following clean procedures and let me know the response. Printhead cleaning : Aligning the printhead : Cleaning the paper path : Load a few sheets of plain paper in theproduct.Use the product control panel to make a copy, but withoutplacing a document on the scanner glass.Note: Makesure there is no dust or stains on the scanner glass or documentcover.Check the back of the ejected paper to see if it isclean.Repeat as necessary until the paper comes outclean. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the paper is clean.
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Have you tried cleaning and aligning the printhead? And if the issue still persists, try the following. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. Thank you.S H E F I N