Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Have a MacBook Air, Canon MG5320. Not able to find a scanner

Customer Question

Have a MacBook Air, Canon MG5320. Not able to find a scanner driver that will work with MP Navigator EX. Help!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 6 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
USB and wireless
Expert:  Shefin replied 6 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. First, try the following. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer. Then, try scanning using Image Capture. Follow the instructions in the link below.http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/ If you are not able to scan, go to the link below, select your operating system, download and install the scanner driver.https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg5320 Try using MP navigator and let me know the response. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N