Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I a. I m trying to print 4.75 x 6 card invitations and when

Customer Question

I a. I m trying to print 4.75 x 6 card for wedding invitations and when it prints it prints with a slant. how do I correct it? Thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am trying to print a Gartner invitation with designs and the print is at a slant or wrong angle not straight on the card. okay on plain paper
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 3 years old -HP officejet pro 8600
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so, other than the invitation is thick paper and not card stock
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the paper is sliding in the printer.I am trying to look it up for you. It may just not be rated for that type and size paper.Or it may have to be fed a certain way.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
near as i can tell it "should" do it. But you are not the only one to have issues with it dealing with non standard paper. Check all the settings make sure that it is set for a custom size paper of the correct size.try feeding it through the manual feed as well as from the tray.try feeding in the center or on the far right or left side. But at the end of the day it was designed to be a standard office printer working with standard office paper. It just doesnt do this type of thing very well.