Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I am can't print and am receiving an error message Error

Customer Question

I am can't print and am receiving an error message Error Code 0x97
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't print and am receiving Error Code 0x97
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then releaseIf still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a 2014 model, so depending on purchase date you may still be under the epson 1 year warranty, and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it.Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim or replacement options at that point if needed.Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?