Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

I Have a Canon ImageCLASS D1350 copier. It continues to have

Customer Question

I Have a Canon ImageCLASS D1350 copier. It continues to have paper jams. It will start printing. Grabs the paper but when it get to the rollers it jams. Any ideas? Please let me know.
Ron Stolfa
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It sounds as if eitherA. the rollers are not moving - check that if you can by visual observation.... or more likelyB. the roller surfaces at the jamming location are too slick with aging to grab the paper and propel it properly. Clean them as follows: If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening. Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly. Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over. (If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.) Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.