Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My printer has enough ink, but even after cleaning the

Customer Question

My printer has enough ink, but even after cleaning the nozzels, and aligning them they still will not print.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer?
Customer: Epson XP 400
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: After filling all inks, running the maintenance mentioned, and trying to print the page showing alignment, the only color printing is the red one. Black, blue and yellow are not printing at all.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I don't print frequently, maybe two weeks pass, so if time allows ink or nozzles to dry that is a possibility. I had hoped the cleaning the nozzles three of four times would help. I had just refilled the blue ink prior to everything stopping.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Are you using genuine and new Epson cartridges? because, if you use refilled cartridges, it causes issues with the printhead and will not print. However, please try the following. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N