Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Does the powershot sx4101s have menu option file extension

Customer Question

Does the powershot sx4101s have menu option for choosing file extension so movies may be copied to Dvd with sound playback?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If by file extension you mean the file type, or file encoding, that goes with a file extension by convention, then the Canon PowerShot SX410is has these options for the files it creates when storing snapshots or video: all still images are stored as JPEG files.video clips/movies may be stored either as only MOV format. So there are no options in other words. I'm sorry to say it, but that's what the information indicates. A higher-end camera might have had more options for how it stores files, but Canon's lower-end usually doesn't, if my overall memory informs me correctly.If there's some other way of meeting the needs you have in this case, other than a camera setting, I'd like to find it for you. If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your quick response I figured as much, sigh. I would like to cancel this service, I would not use it enough to be worth my while.Ms Peggy BISHOP
I'm sorry if my answer - a true answer - was disappointing. I have no power as a JustAnswer.com Expert, over membership or subscription status, or cancellation thereof. I have to refer your concern to Customer Support at Justanswer.com, which can take care of such matters for you. They may be contacted through***@******.*** will take care of your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness. If you are done with this case, and wish to approve my work on finding your answer, please rate my answer - or indicate in Reply, what rating you would like applied to my work. Thanks, ***** *****