John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a botherprinter MFC-665CW, and I have cleared a scan

Customer Question

Hello, I have a botherprinter MFC-665CW, and I have cleared a scan area that my husband left with two items in it, I think.
Here is how I did it: Pressed and help MENU, while I unplugged printer for 30 seconds or so, then replugged while still holding down MENU and waited on blinking lights, then press *2864. Scrolled by hitting gray start button, down to purge 6000 entered 2783
Now printer is giving me the "Unable to print 4F" error comes up, until I hit gray start button then it gives me a new message DTMF TX TEST.
Can you tell me what to do next?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Do you have cleared or cleaned a scan area and why did you try to reset the purge counter to clean the scan area ?