Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

My HP laptop will connect to my internet server. A charter

Customer Question

my HP laptop will connect to my internet server. A charter technician has come out and said that it is laptop and not the cable
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Hi there and welcome GailDo you mean the Laptop will not connect to your wifi network?If so, what is the message you receive when it fails?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The monitor is completely dark. The light for the internet is orange but when connected it turns white. At times the all caps light comes on but it is not lighting up this morning.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Thank youCan you remove the power to the Laptopthen hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.Once done, connect the power and try to turn on the Laptop and tell me if it now starts please.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it did not come on
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Is the monitor still dark?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Thanks It is the internal motherboard that has faulted. This now confirms it I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the laptop to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you