Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

I have just replaced my colour cartridge but i cant get rid

Customer Question

i have just replaced my colour cartridge but i cant get rid of error code 3508
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: yes i have checked the code 3508...kodak esp3250
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i have replaced (with a kodak new colour cartridge ) but the error message just keeps comeing up i have tried about ten times
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no i dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc). What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.Then reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.Nathan