John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I switched out routers from Linksys to Netgear and since

Customer Question

Hello, I switched out routers from Linksys to Netgear and since then my Brother MFC 7360N doesn't connect to my PC to scan images, although my PC can print to the Brother. Any advice... it says check connection, and the physical connections are intact.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not comfortable with that.
Is the printer connected wirelessly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, Ethernet to the router LAN port, same w the PC, Ethernet to the router.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can print from the computer to the same printer. I just can't scan from the built in scanner to the PC.
ok. please run the printer software again and then test
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clarify. you want me to run a test print from the PC to the printer, or a test scan from the Brother to the PC.
i want you to uninstall the printer software, and reinstall it from brother's site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, ha, okay. so, it wants to me restart the computer, and then I will lose this chat. thoughts?
bookmark this page, so you can come back to it after the reboot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, reinstalled, can still print, but I cannot scan. Same error, check connections. advice? Running out of time to troubleshoot too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, just got a charge on my account not in keeping with the expectations. ending discussion.
No problem. You can request the charges to be refunded by mailing***@******.***.