Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I purchased a Brother printer MFC-L2703DW a couple of days

Customer Question

I purchased a Brother printer MFC-L2703DW a couple of days ago and downloaded the CD installer provided. I have an Apple Mac desktop. The printer will not print and is saying that I am offline.
I have purchased a new USB cable as advised in the manual - still no luck! All the interface cables seem to be securely connected - HELP!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. First we can reset your printer and see if it works or not. Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.Open Print & Fax or Printers and Scanners or Print and ScanControl-click (or Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu (or hold down Option key and click - button at bottom left and click Reset Printing System) After resetting, your Printer will disappear from the list. Now download and install the latest printer software from here --> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=mfcl2703dw_as (Download the Full Driver & Software Package) Then go to System Preferences from the Apple menu. Open Print & Fax or Printers and Scanners or Print and Scan Click the + button in there (in left corner) and add it back Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.