WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician

I love my Canon MP560 Printer. I just replaced the ink cartridges

Customer Question

I love my Canon MP560 Printer. I just replaced the ink cartridges and got the following message-U052 Type of print head is incorrect. Install correct print head.
Since I purchased this product several years ago I took it back to Staples and asked them if it could be repaired. They stated that most printers are cheaply made and it would cost more to have it repaired that it was worth.
This was not a cheap product and has been used as a home printer (no photo printing. Can this printer be fixed?
Jackie Jaenicke, Lompoc, California
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I thought that this charge was a one time question charge. I only need this one question. I do not want a monthley plan.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.
The U052 error is showing up due to a malfunctioned print head.Once thing you can try is to remove the ink cartridges, unplug the printer power for 10 minutes, plug back in, then re-insert the ink cartridges. If the error goes away, then the ink cartridges just needed to be re-seated.Otherwise, the problem is due to the malfunctioned print head and will require a replacement print head. Check first to see if you printer is under warranty that way it can re replaced. They cost about $50 and sometimes better to purchase a new printer for close to that price. If you would like to purchase the replacement print head you can get one here or it might be more cost effective to get a new printer.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know if you need additional help.Thanks