Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Epson WF-3520 Serial # ***** scanner error - Error Code:OxF1

Customer Question

Epson WF-3520
Serial # *****
scanner error - Error Code:OxF1
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error"Specifically, it is the result of a bad scanner ccd head/pcb (or the logic board that controls it).The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2012 model printer, it is at/past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. There is one step you can take here, to reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the scanner assembly, which costs about $150; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Donna?