John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I'm having an issue printing from my brother dcp-115c device

Customer Question

I'm having an issue printing from my brother dcp-115c device - I send a job to the printer it starts to print then stops more or less straightaway - the paper stays in the printer to that point - If the job is cancelled it comes through with barely anything on - If that makes sense /
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Oops forgot it seems to get stuck in a loop at that point until the job is cancelled - Brian
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for posting your question. This is a one of the most common printer related problem and can be caused by various reasons. Now, before I begin I will like to know what you have tried so far to solve the problem, so that I can skip those steps.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've changed Toners & reinstalled drivers - It was working fine on Sunday then the problem was there yesterday
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for letting me know. This problem can be caused due to hardware as well as a software problem. So, we have to try some steps to find out the exact problem. The follow the first step and reply me back. Hard Reset.Remove all the cables and cords from the printerWait for 10 mins.Reconnect the cables and cords and try to print.