Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

My Canon MP640 will not respond wireless or plugged in. I

Customer Question

my Canon MP640 will not respond wireless or plugged in. I have recycled the power on router, printer and computer. I have tried to reset as if new but nothing works. It is about 8 years old. Is it just worn out? It will still make copies.
JA: Wrestling with printers can be a real pain. Fortunately, you've come to the right place. The technicians are great at fixing things, and I'm great at connecting you with the best "tech-spert" for the job. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That is about it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have it unplugged. Timer set
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
try this first
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Try what first sorry?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I wanted to try the unplug for 10 minutes and check this out. I did the wrong plug so I need another 8 minutes
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
No problem, ill will be here for the results
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Plugged in and on.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thankscan you tell me please if it is now printing?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No It stills says off line
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok, if you connect the USB cable to the printer and to your computer, is the printer then detected?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No that doesn't work either.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted if it will not connect via any method. We have ruled out all other caused for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to replace the printer I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you