Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

My Epson 435 printer scanner is copying a broad black vertical

Customer Question

My Epson 435 printer scanner is copying a broad black vertical line over the image about 1 cm wide so rendering the image useless. What is the cause/remedy please?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Black vertical line on scanned/printed image produced by Epson 435 Workforce printer scanner
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeIt is likely the print head needs cleaning as this is a common symptom of a dirty print head.To clean it, can you do the below process 1. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the sheet feeder.2.Press Menu.3.Press or to select Maintenance, then press OK.4.Press or to select Head Cleaning.5.Press the Color button. The cleaning cycle lasts around 2 1/2 minutes.When you see a completion message on the LCD screen, cleaning is finished.Caution:Never turn off your product during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.6.Press 2 to run a nozzle check to confirm that the print head is clean.7.If the printout looks good, press 1 to finish; if not, press 2 to run another cleaning cycle.You may need to clean the print head up to 4 times. 8.When you’re done, press Menu to exit. Let me know if then the print quality has improved please.