WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

I have a Cannon MP980 printer which has always worked extremely

Customer Question

I have a Cannon MP980 printer which has always worked extremely well. Now I have a message which says the printer has Error 200. What does this mean please
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 9 months ago.
The B200 error is showing up due to a malfunctioned print head.Once thing you can try is to remove the ink cartridges, unplug the printer power for 10 minutes, plug back in, then re-insert the ink cartridges. If the error goes away, then the ink cartridges just needed to be re-seated.Otherwise, the problem is due to the malfunctioned print head and will require a replacement print head. Check first to see if you printer is under warranty that way it can re replaced. They cost about $50 and sometimes better to purchase a new printer for close to that price. If you would like to purchase the replacement print head you can get one here:http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/standard_display/support_pro/pro_service-parts
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 9 months ago.
Let me know if you need additional help.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 9 months ago.
Please let me know if you need additional help.Thanks