John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon Pro 9000 II that will not print 4 by 6 inch

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pro 9000 II that will not print 4 by 6 inch photos. The 4 by 6 inch advances part way into the rear tray and the print heads sound like they have moved to print but after about 15 seconds an error message appears that says "paper jammed, remove and hit print button to cancel". I have tried a single sheet as well as several sheets in the rear tray and the same problem occurs. If I try turning the printer off and on several times, once out of 5 or 6 tries I'll get a single sheet to print and I'll then get the print jam error.
The printer is at least 5 years old. I have tried the maintenance procedure for roller cleaning but the problem is still there.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi Rich,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Rich, is a response to a printer question?
Thanks for replying back for me. You were offline when I responded earlier.What happens if you feed in one sheet at a time?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It will pull the sheet into the print and the print heads move into position to print. The printer makes noise like it is printing but the sheet stops moving and an error message appears saying printer is jamed. I reach into the rear tray and can pull the sheet out. Nothing has been printed on the sheet. If I turn the print off and try to print, it may catch the sheet and print on it once out of 5 or 6 tries. It seems to be getting harder to get it to print. The printer also makes a loud clunk befor it tries to print, it seems the mechanical mechanism is getting louder. I think it may be a mechanical problem with the parts that engage the sheet and move it forward.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is very bad service. You didn't even read my first description of what the problem consists of. I said what happens to a single sheet and multiple sheets and you still asked what happens to a single sheet.
So far the response has been Hi, and I didn't read ypur message. Why don't we call this a failed attempt for an answers and refund my money/