John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Can't fax out because it dials before it receives dial tone.

Customer Question

Can't fax out because it dials before it receives dial tone. Automatic operator comes back and says "can't get number check and redial".
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the make/model of your fax machine?Are you able to receive faxes successfully?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Hp8630 Pro multifunction printer fax copier scanner.

Have not received any faxes bit no reason to believe we can't.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Okay lets try a different sequence:Put your document on the glass (or in feeder)Press the FAX button, then press the black/start button,wait until you hear the dial tone, then key in the fax number to send to
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan