John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Dear Pearl Wilson, JA: Sometimes things that you think will

Customer Question

Dear Pearl Wilson,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am amazed you contacted me straight away.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Are you answering in person or is this an automatic reply? It is 12.20am !!!!! The incident/accident is that a WHOLE A4 paper got trapped and squashed inside and none of it is visible oneither end, in or out. In the past ope part was sticking out and I was able to pull the page out but this time it is all completely trapped inside. I am sure that the only way to get the paper out is to take to pieces to some extent the printer. How can I do that please?
JA: No. I'm the Printer Technician's Assistant. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I'm a live person. I'm surprised that you're up so late... but first, to advise you, I need to know what maker and model # ***** printer is, please. With that info, I can maybe find a way to get paper out of the printer less drastic than disassembly. For many printer models, there are good solutions to this sort of problem.