Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

Have a cannon MAXIFY mb2020 & I'm getting code 7100 JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Have a cannon MAXIFY mb2020 & I'm getting code 7100
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was printing, page went to turn over but all jammed up. Pulled it out & now it gives code 7100.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try, first, turning the printer Off. Open it and make sure there is nothing jammed in it, no parts or shipping material or paper scraps loose in it anywhere. Make sure by opening the rear cover also, that there is nothing inside: Then close it up, and leave it Off for 20+ minutes. Then try it again. If that does not clear the error, then: how old is the printer? if it is less than 1 year since purchase date, you may need to put in a failed-within-warranty claim on it, for free servicing from Canon. Call 1-800-OK-CANON and be sure to have your proof of purchase date (e.g. sales slip) at hand.(Of course if it is new enough, e.g. less than 10 days old, the store may take it back, with the sales slip, and give you another printer of equal or similar capability and value in exchange.)