Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers

My printer clp 310 makes noise when i start it,,and print,,,seems

Customer Question

my printer clp 310 makes noise when i start it,,and print,,,seems the belt or a cog?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: dont know what it is or what part is faulty
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: i removed the toners,,,and reinserted one at a time,,and when i insert the yellow one,,the top one,,the noise starts again
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.Remove all the toners and inspect the toner chip and also the area on the printer where the toner sits. If dirty or inky, wipe it with damp tissue then polish with dry. Fit toners back in printer.Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no difference..
cleaned the area where toner sits,,
what do you mean by toner chip?
What is the age of your unit?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
4 years
The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or printer, or the paper sensor in the feed tray has become dirty or defective.Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.Holding the printer in both hands , turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.If still it doesn't helps then as a last resort you can try forcing a thick paper or fold a A4 piece of paper in half, and then by hand push it through the machine, hopefully this may push any objects out.After that turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by unplugging it from the power source.Then unplug it from the computer and leave it that way for 10 minutes. Then replace everything back.Tell me how it goes!