Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I'm trying to up date my Workforce Pro WF 4630 but it keeps

Customer Question

I'm trying to up date my Workforce Pro WF 4630 but it keeps asking for the printer logon password. But I don't have a clue what it is. So I can not update. Please help!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. Is it for updating the firmware? Is it asking for the administrator password?- Please try the following:Turn off printer.Hold down both the # ***** and the Power button for about 5 seconds.- This should bring up a "User Special Mode" system admin menu.Use "6" key to navigate down (and "3" key to navigate up) to choose the option to clear the password.Then press the Color button button (under Start) to confirm.Also, is the printer currently working fine? Or is there any issue?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,