Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

I have just replaced my black correct cartridge in my wf 2650

Customer Question

I have just replaced my black correct cartridge in my wf 2650 Epson it is making a terrible noise and showing the 0xf1 error.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the error 0xf1 is showing and it wont print
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: it is making a terrible noise I only bought the printer late last year
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc). The specific error code does not match with the sounds though, as that code indicates a head failure. What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.Then reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.Nathan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you for responding. I found the problem the next day there was paper caught at the back of the printer,
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Your welcome, I did include that cause and resolution above for you shortly after your question was posted.I'm glad it was resolve for y ou. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?