JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a paper jam in the printer and I pulled the top half

Customer Question

I have a paper jam in the printer and I pulled the top half of the paper off but can't find the bottom part
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I got a paper jam in my Epson NX510. I was able to pull out the top part of the paper which hadn't gone through yet but I can find the bottom half. Can't get paper to run the printer at all.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I did follow the directions listed re: opening the scanner but didn't see any paper
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already paid the $5.00 for this session of Just Answer!!! Why are you asking for more money?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You have my email address. Contact me when you get this straightened out and give me the site to go to to make contact with the technician. I'l can't wait any longer on someone to process this. I've tried the instructions that you posted on cleaning the jammed paper and I cannot see the bottom half anywhere.
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model of your printer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Epson NX510
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Order ID:
16292926-887
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.
I am here. Please standby while I check your online manual.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I don't want Secure Remote Assistance
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.
You can just ignore that popup ad. Is there a rear door on your printer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Don't keep sending messages. I'm online right now. The message sends me to this site
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sending texts results in me seeing nothing about a report
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.
The system automatically sends an email message for each message in the conversation. You can ignore those too. First, you need to open the top door which allows access to the carriage which holds the replaceable ink cartridges.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay. Done.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Door open
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.
Do you see the bottom half of your page in there under the carriage assembly? If not, is there a rear door on your printer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No door. There is a small compartment in the back about the size of a battery holder but it won't open.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I see no evidence of paper in or around the carriage assembly
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.
Can you remove the paper tray where you load the blank paper?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. It does not come off. However, I looked in that area with a flashlight and could see no paper
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.
I know it is difficult to see, but the paper must be stuck way in the back. You can probe for it with a wooden or plastic chopstick, and use a brighter flashlight. There are only a limited number of ways to access the paper path, so you just have to ty harder. If you still cannot find the paper, you will have to disassemble part of the chassis.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay. I don't think its of much use to continue with this session. I will try to locate it by your methods. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.
You are welcome. Sorry that I could not be of more help.