Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Have just purchased a new computer with windows 10. O have

Customer Question

Have just purchased a new computer with windows 10. O have connected Canon MG5460 printer. Have connected with a cable. It will printer from computer but it will not scan.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. First download and install latest drivers for your printer, on your computer from here --> http://search-au.canon.com.au/canon__au_en__au_en/search.x?ct=Support&hf=category%09zubaken&cf=model_sm:PIXMA+MG5460&d=DOWNLOADS Select Windows 10 in left column, then download and install the followingMG5400 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 After downloading the driver, open it and follow the onscreen instructions. This will install latest printer and scanner drivers and software. Now you will see an application named Scan Utility (from Canon - it may have name IJ Scan Utility) on your computer. Open it and that application will allow you to scan. You can also use Windows' Scan app to scan. Click on Start and select Scan app (you can search Scan on the search box at bottom left to find it easily). Open it and it will allow you to scan. The scanned files will be stored on your Pictures or Documents folder. If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you