Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

Epson WK 3540 displays this message: JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

Epson WK 3540 displays this message:
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Epson WK 3540 displays "Scanner error. Turn power of and on again. If error is not fixed, visit for technical support. Error code: 0xF1
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I find no answer @
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then releaseIf still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a 2014 model, so depending on purchase date you should still be under the epson 1 year warranty, and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it.Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim or replacement options at that point if needed.Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan